Thursday, July 5, 2018

Meet 7-year-old Abel Mbatha: Africa's youngest Barber

A PROPER haircut makes all of us feel brand new.

And seven-year-old Abel Mbatha is just the barber you need to see!
Daily Sun spotted the youngster cutting his friends’ hair outside his mum’s house in Daveyton.Mum Khonzaphi Mbatha said her son took after his dad.
“We don’t live with his father but he used to visit him and he would take him to his salon. I think that is where his interest in cutting hair started.”

When the SunTeam visited on Sunday, Abel was busy shaving his friend’s hair with a razor.To show that he meant business, he even had a mirror so that his clients could look at themselves as he was cutting their hair.
Nearby, others were waiting their turn.

“You are spending a lot of time on one customer, Abel. When will you come to us?” asked eight-year-old Sizwe Nkuna. Madoda imani. I need to do a proper a job,” he told them.

He charges between 50 cents and N70 for a clean shave.
To ensure that the razors are safe, his uncle Sipho Mbatha helps him by cleaning them with spirits after every cut.“I used to see my father cutting hair and I developed a love for it,” said Abel.

He said his dream is to own a barber shop.
“I love cutting hair. When I open my own shop I will make sure I get proper equipment and keep it clean to attract customers.”His mum Khonzaphi said she would send him to a school where he could learn the trade properly when he grows up.Nearby, others were waiting their turn.

His mum Khonzaphi said she would send him to a school where he could learn the trade properly when he grows up.

No comments: